Love the City – Day of Missions – Saturday, April 15, 2023
Click here for a printable version of this post.
Our day of missions will center around helping refugees after they stay in our Welcome House and settle into the Triad area. We will be hosting a Donation Drive for World Relief in our lower parking lot at Ardmore Baptist Church. We have several ways for everyone to be involved and want to invite you to plan now for how you can serve!
How can I serve?
- Donate! Click here to see the list of items that we will be collecting for World Relief to help benefit refugee families moving into their homes.
- If you have large items to donate such as furniture please call the Ardmore Baptist Church office or fill out a pick up form (available by clicking here, or at the Welcome Desk) to schedule a pick up for April 15 between 9am-12pm. Volunteers from ABC will come to pick up your donation and bring it to the church.
- If you are able to bring your donations please plan to drop them off during the donation drive on April 15th between 9am-12pm where volunteers will help unload.
- You can also donate by directly purchasing items for refugee families from World Relief’s Amazon Wish List: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/33T4L0TNTPQ7Z/ref=hz_ls_biz_ex
- We need drivers and movers: 9am-12pm We need several adults with trucks or trailers willing to drive to the homes of those who sign up for a “pick up” at Ardmore Baptist Church. If signing up for this slot please indicate your vehicle type and whether you can drive to pick up items and drop them at Ardmore Baptist. You may also sign up for this slot if you wish to help these drivers with pick ups at locations.
- We need unloaders and packers: 9am-12pm We need several volunteers who will stay at the church in the parking lot to help folks who drive through to donate. This job will be unloading cars and loading up the World Relief truck.
- We need unloaders and organizers: 1pm-4pm We need volunteers willing to meet at the World Relief Warehouse in High Point to unload the truck, take inventory, and organize it as it goes into the warehouse.
- We need kids and families: Lee Ritchie will be leading kids and their parents in serving through putting together Welcome Baskets for families when they move out of the JL Wilson Welcome House and into their permanent housing in the Triad. Then they will be painting Adirondack chairs for the kids who live at Welcome House.
- Sign up here to volunteer: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040B44ADAA2AA1FE3-love3