The Handicrafters Ministry of Ardmore Baptist Church provides handmade pieces of comfort and care to numerous agencies, hospitals, and other organizations throughout Winston-Salem. Employing a passion and talent for sewing, knitting, crocheting, and crafting, thousands of pieces are made each year and delivered across the community, state, nation, and world. Almost 5,000 volunteer hours allow us to provide comfort through over 10,000 handmade items each year!
The mission of Handicrafters is two-fold:
- To provide loving care for people of all ages by sharing our time and talents through handicraft;
- To minister to people with special needs, either individually or through organizations, by the giving of our time and talents to provide tangible expressions of our love and concern for them.
Agencies we work with include:
- Newborns in need
- Foster children’s agencies
- Amos Cottage
- Hospitals and medical centers of Lexington, High Point, Winston-Salem, Thomasville, Wilmington, Tarboro, and Asheboro
- Cancer Services
- Hospice & Palliative Care Center
- Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home
- Brenner Children’s Hospital
- The Shepherd’s Center
- WFUBMC Miller Street Dialysis Center
- Various nursing and assisted living facilities
Some of the pieces the women of Handicrafters create include:
- Adult aprons/bibs, fidget aprons for dementia patients, lap robes, neck pillows, knee pillows, walker and wheelchair caddies, and comfort/rainbow dolls
- Infant blankets, bibs, burpies, diaper bags, and washcloths
- Children’s blankets, pillows w/pillow cases, tote bags and comfort/rainbow dolls.
No matter what your talent or skill level, Handicrafters has a place for you! Join us every Thursday from 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.