WHO WE ARE
Engage, Community, Relationships
Sunday morning Bible study starts at 9:30 a.m. College-aged students who desire Sunday morning Bible study are connected with an adult Bible study group that fits them. We believe that when students and adults connect they are better able to learn from each other, understand one another, and build lasting relationships.
We know the transition to college is not an easy one. College is different and challenges students to use skills they may or may not have developed. So we look to stay connected to students through adults who continue to invest in them, though they may be far away. Prayer Partners pray for the student, connect with their parents and support them, send cards and care packages to students, and have some type of contact with them monthly. We believe this helps a student maintain their grounding, while also letting them know that someone is praying for them and supports them.
TRIPS & ACTIVITIES
VIRTUAL BIBLE STUDY
Once a month we will live stream “10 Minute Growth” – a 10 minute conversational Bible study. The Minister with Students will host this time with a different guest each month. They will engage in conversation around a topic or scripture passage and leave you with a couple of questions to think about and a challenge. Each month, once the Instagram live stream is over, it will be posted below. @abcollegews
- +Forsyth Tech Community College
- We seek to support the local community college through providing a hospitality table near the student parking area once a month. In doing so we offer snacks, coffee, and water along with an opportunity to talk and share. The hospitality table wants to share encouragement and support for students and faculty, wherever they may be in life.
- +UNC School of the Arts
- We support UNCSA through connecting with them via the Listening Post. The Listening Post is a ministry under Cooperative Campus Ministry that weekly checks in with students, asks how things are going and how a student is doing, and provides a calming and non-anxious presence for students.
- +Salem College
- We connect with Salem College through the Minister of Students being the Baptist Campus Minister through the Baptist Campus Ministry. They provide a bi-weekly listening table that has doughnuts and fruit, and meets students where they are. The BCM also looks to start a weekly or bi-weekly group that wrestles with current events, hot button topics, and faith, while creating a welcoming, respectful, loving, and caring environment for all students whether they profess faith or not.
- +Wake Forest University
- We connect with Wake Forest University through the Baptist Student Union. In supporting the BSU we seek to support the entire campus. Support for students varies from an ice cream social, to providing food once a month for their weekly bible studies, and being open to opportunities of service together in our city.