- We are an inter-generational congregation and welcome all children in worship no matter what age. We invite children to help lead in worship through song, prayers, litanies, and reading scripture. We have regularly scheduled children’s sermons, baptisms, and parent-child-church covenants in worship.
- If you would like your preschool child (birth to 4-year-old) to be cared for during the service, please come to the Welcome Desk at the Preschool Entrance before the service to register your child(ren). Any usher or door greeter can help show you the way.
- Children 3-years-old and younger are cared for in classrooms located in the hallway behind the sanctuary.
- Children who are 4-years-old/Pre-K join us for worship during the first half of the service. During the offertory hymn, a leader comes forward on the organ side of the sanctuary to receive children. These children are then led to a room in the hallway behind the sanctuary where they will be cared for during the remainder of the service.
- Children 5 years/Kindergarten and older stay with their parents during the service. We offer KidNection, a children’s worship service, two Sundays a month September-May for Kindergarten-6th grade children during the 10:45am service. During the offertory hymn, children make their way to the Fellowship Hall for this child centered service.
- Everyone who works with our children (Sunday Bible Study Teachers, Worship Care Volunteers, and Paid Childcare Teachers) has completed a background check in the previous year.
123, New Lenox, Chicago IL 60606