Health and safety are of primary concern. Therefore, we encourage our older members especially to pray and worship at home rather than risk falling or being in an accident during inclement weather. All members are encouraged to exercise good common sense by dressing for warmth, comfort, and safety during wintry conditions.
We will continue our regular schedule as often as possible. However, when winter weather dictates, the staff (in consultation with the Deacon Chairman) will follow these guidelines for cancellations:
The shuttle lot is not cleared on weekends, so shuttles will not run in bad weather.
- When conditions are hazardous (it’s snowing and/or streets are covered with significant amounts of snow and/or ice), and recognizing that church parking lots may not be completely clear, there will be no 8:15 a.m. service or Sunday Bible Study.
- Normally, there will be a 10:45 a.m. worship service. However, this service may also be cancelled in extreme conditions.
- Decisions regarding Sunday evening activities will be announced on Sunday morning.
Wednesday Night Snow Policy
- If school is cancelled there will be NO Preschool/Children/Youth activities, NO childcare.
- The only activities will be Adult Seminars, Committee Meetings, and Adult Choir Rehearsal (with no childcare provided). However, when road conditions are hazardous, the decision to cancel these activities will be made by 5:00 p.m. Check for cancellations on TV, churchwide e-mail, Facebook, or call the church office.
Notice of cancellations will be on:
- WXII Channel 12 television (Channel 11 on cable)
- ABC Facebook page
- Home page of ABC Website
- You may also call the church (725-8767) and select option 3 for a voice message regarding services.